Dec 24, 2011

On Christmas Eve

I'm not going to pretend by saying, "Yes, I'm having a great time this Christmas eve." I'm not. This probably is the loneliest Christmas eve I've ever had in years. 

Right now I'm home alone. My Dad's somewhere out with his friends while the rest of the family is scattered all around the world. I miss all the festivities that occur during this time of the year. I most definitely miss my Mom's cooking which usually is the star of every family meal. I also miss the gift-giving and having wacky pictures with my family. But yes, things do change. I'm just going to have to live with it. In my opinion, it's a year of compensation. I'll just compensate by doing things that will take my mind off things and make me happy. And of course, I'm looking forward to getting the gifts sent by my Mom and my sister (which will be tomorrow). 

Merry Christmas to you, my dear reader. I wish you're having a better time than what I'm having now. 

No comments: